Information about coronavirus
The risk of coronavirus infection in Oulu area and in Finland is still low and there is now need for special arrangements. Coronavirus infections can be prevented with good hand hygiene. Currently, several viruses causing respiratory infections as well as influenza occur. Coronavirus infection could be in question only when these two criterias are met:
- Person is experiencing symptoms of acute respiratory infection, such as fever and/or cough and/or shortness of breath
- the person has been in mainland China (excluding Hongkong, Macao and Taiwan), South Korea, Iran or in Italy within 14 days of returning from the region
- or the person has been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus within 14 days of the symptoms occur
People who have been in the epidemic area and have no symptoms will not be examined.
What to do if you suspect having contracted coronavirus?
If you suspect that you have contracted coronavirus, please contact first the call center numbers for more information about further actions:
Call center number for Ii, Pudasjärvi, Utajärvi and Vaala region, tel. 08 315 2655; call center number for Simo region, tel. 040 825 1072.
Call center numbers are the primary points of contact and your nearest health center is the secondary point of contact:
- Ii and Kuivaniemi health centre, tel. 08 5875 6500
- Pudasjärvi health centre, tel.. 08 5875 6600
- Simo health centre, tel. 08 5875 6900
- Utajärvi health centre, tel. 08 5875 6700
- Vaala health centre, tel. 08 5875 6800
For more information about the coronavirus, please visit www.thl.fi